Our Adoption Procedures
If you are applying to adopt a dog or cat you need to complete an application form at the Shelter to arrange a home visit. This needs to be done before you can express an interest in a certain animal. A home-visit may also be required to adopt a small animal from us.
Dogs and Cats
Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Ferrets and other small animals
The adoption fee for each animal will range from:
- £150 to £180 for a dog / £180 puppy (may be more in some cases) – this includes neutering, microchipping, at least the first vaccination, kennel cough vaccination, flea treatment, worming, check over by a vet, and four weeks insurance cover.
- £70 to £90 for a cat / £80 kitten (may be more in some cases) – this includes neutering, microchipping, at least the first vaccination, flea treatment, worming, check over by a vet, and four weeks insurance cover.
The adoption fee for each animal will be:
- £30 for a rabbit (this includes neutering, myxomatosis and vhd vaccination, check over by a vet, microchipping and four weeks insurance cover).
- £20 for a ferret (this includes neutering, microchipping and vaccinating against distemper).
- A Donation for other small animals.
After adoption, a home visit will be arranged to ensure that you and your new animal are happy with each other.
Please click on the Rehoming menu link for Dogs, Cats, Rabbits, Guinea pigs, Ferrets and other small animals to find more information on all the animals that are available for rehoming.
Please note that not all the animals available for rehoming are featured on our website, although the website is updated regularly it is not done daily, it’s done in our spare time!
We also have a seperate website for rehoming Reptiles. For more information, please visit RSPCA Reptile Rescue